Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 0.9.4690 patch

Thanks
    This firmware only shows how opensat doesnt have a clue on what to do!
    Even with overclock this firmware gets beaten down by KDG 4348 in mediaplayer when playing high bitrate files through NFS or USB!
    Its ridiculous that opensat does this, it can still put in danger de reliability of the hardware! If there are other options to solve lack of processing power, overclock should be the last! Unless that some kind of Takecontrol+drivers couldnt do the trick! But KDG 4348 firmware proves Opensat is wrong!
    My 50cents!

Cheers!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    good very well....
    I Known typer because casuality
    Last edited by LEPERO85; 20-03-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks
    I would like to know how can Opensat explain this.
    I think overclock could be needed in the future when the drivers reach their limit and resource use reach their limit too. It must be used as last resort. But we are still in the beginning!
    If KDG without overclock can do a better job with take control, why doesnt opensat do the same! Its safer and perhaps easier. From what I can understand, KDG simply kills or sends to low priority the process that the box doesnt use in mediaplayer mode, and sets high propriority for the processes that mediaplayer needs.
    By doing some automatic management of this opensat could optimize the resources of the box, and with that increase the performance in all levels and modes!
    Why dont they follow the good example? I would really like to know the answer to this.
    Its proven that its doable, its proven that it shows imediate results in performance, its proven that it isnt even needed to change the source code or the drivers of the box, it uses just operating system process priority and commands! What else do they need? A signed paper from OBAMA????

Cheers!

Thanks
    Let me quote FatGiant: "And maybe even if there are no changes mentioned in the log of each fw, sometimes, changes on something entirely different affect the way other problems behave."

He just said that OpenSat is playing Russian Roulette with each fw-release. They have absolutely no clue about anything.

Thanks
    @GOG

That is taking my words completely out of context.

I replied you that when you asked why I am asking for retests of some of the Bug Reports.

In that context, we do need updated information on how some of those bugs show themselves after several releases of firmware, that include fixes that sometimes can affect other areas.

Distortion of context, and the use of another's words in unrelated matters, doesn't improve any discussion, and certainly does nothing to improve my, or anyones willingness to answer your questions.

Thanks for misrepresent my words.

Thanks
    I did not start an argument, but we need to repair clearing the EPG in memory, we have introduced many improvements that we can not move forward without this bug repaired

Thanks
    I have already said today in official forum, that there is a solution being worked on to solve the memory problems of EPG plugins. Can't really say much more until it's done.

Thanks
    Try not take much, that we backlog for this item.

Try also fix reload the channel list, so that Morse could publish the new MAZ also have their request several months in the official forum

Thanks
    If not restart the machine stayed in the booting....

Thanks
    Try to type this commands in telnet for better mediaplayer performance

/MMP/usr/bin/snice -v SDecoderServer DStar -15
    /MMP/usr/bin/snice -v JIPC_Server DStar 1
    /MMP/usr/bin/snice -v CRTVCore DStar 3
    /MMP/usr/bin/snice -v mbox_module DStar -5 ( in case you use mbox)

Cheers

Thanks
    Whit new firmware 4690 after a some zapping with h/w accel.enabled I LOST signal on my tuner (the single and only one . Elite is my model).

I disabled h/w accelaration andd rebooted but still had NO SIGNAL.

I then used the old firmware 4625 and signal came back.

Then switched again to 4690 signal was still OK but I neven enabled H/W accelaration , didn't risk it !

Thanks
    I've a couple of questions about this:

What is DStar and why you chage the priority of DStar 4 times?

and will below command return everything to their default priorities?

/MMP/usr/bin/snice -v SDecoderServer DStar 0
    /MMP/usr/bin/snice -v JIPC_Server DStar 0
    /MMP/usr/bin/snice -v CRTVCore DStar 0

Quote Originally Posted by typer View Post
    Try to type this commands in telnet for better mediaplayer performance

/MMP/usr/bin/snice -v SDecoderServer DStar -15
    /MMP/usr/bin/snice -v JIPC_Server DStar 1
    /MMP/usr/bin/snice -v CRTVCore DStar 3
    /MMP/usr/bin/snice -v mbox_module DStar -5 ( in case you use mbox)

Cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FatGiant View Post
    @GOG

I replied you that when you asked why I am asking for retests of some of the Bug Reports.

In that context, we do need updated information on how some of those bugs show themselves after several releases of firmware, that include fixes that sometimes can affect other areas.

Distortion of context, and the use of another's words in unrelated matters, doesn't improve any discussion, and certainly does nothing to improve my, or anyones willingness to answer your questions.

Maybe you are right, but sorry, I'm a programmer not about STB firmware but when a customer reports me an error I usually proceed as follows:
    - first of all I take note and answer him
    - then I look and try to reproduce the error
    - reproduced the error I try to find the solution
    - found the solution I check new release
    - then I update the program to the customer and say problem solved, can you try to confirm?

I never say: since it's been a long time and someone has made changes please recheck all the errors you had, maybe if we're lucky someone has looked without my knowledge and maybe some bug has been fixed.

I understand that the famous roadmap which was mentioned a few months ago has never been published because they do not even know to you and to many people in Opensat.

I understand that nobody in Opensat quite aware of the situation.

Thanks
    I've some DTS sound lags (at every 7-8 seconfds) with this firmware. (DTS raw setting with a digital sound system). I don't know is it caused by the mkv that i used? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
    Yes I can confirm that there are DTS problems, and some sound problems in some files that are playing without sound, and in the 4585 it played the sound well mostly in m2ts BDRips!

Cheers!

Thanks
    @massimo1167

Thanks.

But the bugs I asked for a revision, and it were only 2 or 3, do need a revision.
    Not that I am expecting they had disappeared, but, I am sure they will behave differently, that is what I need, the difference.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FatGiant View Post
    @GOG

Come on, now you're saying the same thing again. It's like changing wheels on a car would make the wipers stop working. Stop these damn alpha firmwares and try to make something decent instead.

I would have answered you in your own forum if it wasn't for the censorship. I'm not about to waste my time on a long text if I don't know if its going to get published or not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buyukbang View Post
    I've some DTS sound lags (at every 7-8 seconfds) with this firmware. (DTS raw setting with a digital sound system). I don't know is it caused by the mkv that i used? Can anyone confirm this?
    I am confirming the DTS sound dropouts too... and, after a while, the sync is gone too.
    Sometimes it is noticeable after a 20-25 minutes only...
    :001_07:

Thanks
    Yo soy developer del KGD Team desde aqui quiero decir que Open-sat en ningun momento nos ha proporcionado nada de informacion, se han realizado varias peticiones en el foro oficial y no obtenemos respuesta por ningun lado. Ademas todas las peticiones son muy sencillas a solucionar. Y si existe algun problema con las peticiones, porque no se puedan solucionar es mejor decirlo para no estar esperando por ellas.

Nosotros trabajamos sin cobrar nada, todo lo hacemos para conseguir que Azbox sea un gran receptor, desde aqui hago un llamamiento a Open-sat para que cambie su politica, y nos haga un poco de caso.

Hemos decidido congelar las revisiones a ver si Open-sat acepta nuestras peticiones, ,que son muy pocas, nosotros no tenemos nada que perder.

Si deciden solucionarlas lo logico es que nos mantengan informados de como va el proceso, tampoco pedimos mucho.

Simplemente queremos ayudar.

Gracias

I am a developer of KGDTeam from here I mean that Open-sat at no time has given us no information, there have been several requests in the official forum and do not hear from anywhere. You all requests are very simple to solve. And if there is any problem with the requests, because it can be resolved is better to admit to not be waiting for them.

We work without charging anything, everything we do to get Azbox be a great receiver, from here I appeal to Open-sat to change its policy, and we do some case.

We have decided to freeze the reviews to see if Open-sat accepts our demands, which are very few, we have nothing to lose.

If they decide to solve the logical thing is to keep us informed as the process goes, not ask a lot.

Just want to help.

Thanks

Thanks
    todo depende de ellos, como ven mucha gente cualificada esta dispuesta a ayudar.

everything depends on them, as are many qualified people willing to help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast